eMaps is a knowledge hub of validated information developed to help you achieve regulatory approval, reimbursement and adoption in key markets across Europe and in other major global markets. eMaps builds on insight and experience of local experts and delivers a training-based experience to help you understand and plan for the challenges ahead.
Distilling the expertise from professionals, subject matter experts and innovators eMaps provides an up-to-date, market specific resource that will enable you to navigate and succeed in the ever-changing market access environment at minimal expense.
Pathway to adoption
The platform provides “complete pathway to adoption” information for innovators of Digital Health, Med Tech and Diagnostics and Drugs and Biotech. Providing engaging information through a variety of media, eMaps allows the user to engage with the content according to their preferred way of working and information needs.
Access to eMaps modules is provided on a subscription basis with users gaining access to eMaps modules monthly. Subscription offers the benefits of
- 24/7 access to the wealth of eMaps guidance, resources and networks
- Authored and validated by experts working in industry, healthcare and consultancy
- Content from subject experts and testimony from SMEs and innovators on successes and failures in key markets and how you can ensure a smooth path to success
- Access to information about changes in market access pathways, latest news and interesting events
eMaps has modules currently available for the UK and USA but we are also finalising modules for Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Portugal and Denmark. Each module follows the same core structure below which helps to simplify the market access process, especially when comparing strategies across multiple markets
- Market Overview – a summary of market access processes in the selected markets
- Decision Makers – stakeholder maps of key stakeholders and what role they play in the pathways to market
- Regulations and Compliance – an overview of the regulations and compliance requirements for different product types on what your responsibilities are as an innovator
- Reimbursement – in-depth guides on the different reimbursement pathways in each country, following the main HTA themes and capturing non-HTA routes to reimbursement
- Adoption – Advice and guidance around entry points for key markets, different approaches and models for success
Who developed eMaps
The eMaps platform was developed by the Oxford Academic Health Science Network, an NHS organisation in England. The Oxford AHSN was set up to support the life science industry, academia and healthcare work together to ensure patients have timely access to great innovations that have been proven to be clinically or cost-effective.
Through European Institute of Innovation & Technology for Health funding the Oxford AHSN formed a consortium of expert partners from key markets across Europe and the USA. Together we developed a suite of online modules to support innovators and SMEs navigate the complexities of market access in healthcare.
eMaps is a not-for-profit initiative that provides innovators with cost effective advice in a scaleable way. The small subscription charge allows the Oxford AHSN and its partners to maintain the eMaps platform and continue to invest in keeping the content up to date, relevant and valid for its subscribers.