Diagnostics & Medical Devices – UK Module Overview
The Diagnostics & Medical Devices sector in the UK is a rapidly growing one, with nearly 4000 companies, 98% of which are SMEs. The UK is the third largest market for Medical Technology in Europe with NHS being the largest consumer for these technologies. However, UK market access environment like many in Europe are constantly evolving with major changes in recent years in regulations, and plan to overhaul the traditional pathways to reimbursement and adoption. For early stage innovators navigating the complexities of pathways to market can be a huge challenge
About the Medical Device and Diagnostics UK module
The Diagnostics & Medical Devices UK module includes insight from subject matter experts, a range of resources, interactive content as well as interviews with SMEs who have successfully navigated specific parts of the reimbursement pathway. Pathways are broken down into components which support you and your organisation to understand who you need to engage with what information and at what point in your pathway to market.
The UK Medical Device and Diagnostics module focuses in on three core areas:
- Regulations – In addition to the core regulatory responsibilities for marketing medical devices and diagnostics in the UK, this chapter picks up on key changes around MDR and what this means for those approaching or already marketing in the UK before and after Brexit
- Reimbursement – Looking at the critical path to market in terms of must-haves, this chapter looks at the key players in Health Technology Assessment, decision making in commissioning, procurement systems, and walks through some of the more innovative reimbursement and adoption mechanisms in play currently in the UK (e.g. Innovation and Technology Tariff and Accelerated Access Collaborative endorsement)
- Market Size and Structure – Helping you appreciate the size and structure of the market, the organisations you are likely to encounter at what point, and where the most appropriate system levers are for your product.
We are confident that if you are approaching the UK Med Tech market with a new product or service that this eMaps module will be of value, bringing all the necessary key information together in one place.
Subscribing to this module will give access to the following:
- The UK Medical Device and Diagnostics module
- The UK Value Proposition development module (access currently priced at £50/month)
- Healthcare in Europe 2019 by Yvonne von Kemenade
- Information about relevant news, networks and events